Games for Linux are booming like never before. The revolution comes courtesy of cross-platform dev tools, passionate programmers and community support. Join us this month as we take a Deep Dive in to gaming.
Deep Dive features:
- Crossing Platforms: a Talk with the Developers Building Games for Linux
- Would You Like to Play a Linux Game?
- Meet TASBot, a Linux-Powered Robot Playing Video Games for Charity
- Review: Thrones of Britannia
Also featured in this issue:
- ModSecurity and nginx
- Clearing Out /boot
- VCs Are Investing Big into a New Cryptocurrency: Introducing Handshake
- Edit PDFs with Xournal
- FOSS Project Spotlight: Nitrux, a Linux Distribution with a Focus on AppImages and Atomic Upgrades
- Stop Killing Your Cattle: Server Infrastructure Advice
Regular columns include:
- Kyle Rankin's Hack and /: Two Portable DIY Retro Gaming Consoles
- Shawn Powers' The Open-Source Classroom: Globbing and Regex
- Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge: Bytes, Characters and Python 2
- Dave Taylor's Work the Shell: Creating the Concentration Game PAIRS with Bash, Part II
- Zack Brown's diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Glyn Moody's Open Sauce: What Is the Point of Mozilla?